The Tramp


A tramp was sleeping on a park bench late at night. A man and woman were walking past. One of them tapped him on the shoulder and asked,
"Excuse me! what is the time?"
The tramp was very annoyed at being woken up.
"I don't know!" he said angrily. "I haven't got a watch" and he went back to sleep.

Sometime later another man was passing. He woke the tramp up and said
"I'm sorry to bother you' but I wonder if you could tell me what the time is it".
Again the tramp said he didn't know.

By this time he was very fed up, and he asked himself:
"How come these insane people don't let me sleep?".
He started thinking for a while and..
"Ah...I've a nice idea!"
Then he got a pen and a piece of peaper and wrote:
I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE TIME IS on it.
"There you go!" he said and he kept the paper on the bench and went back to sleep.

After an hour later, a policeman was passing. He read the sign, woke the tramp up and said:
"It's 2.30 sir"
BANURA

No comments: