Balls in School

One day we were in our classroom studying and talking. We were preparing for our Advanced Level exam. Suddenly one of my friends threw a ball and hit another student. He threw it back and soon the whole class was throwing the ball and running around.
Our classroom was on the upper floor and used to be a hall so there was plenty of space to move about.
Then I got the ball and threw it at a friend. Unfortunately it missed him and went straight through an open window into the chemistry lab next door. It hit a tray of lab equipment and some glass test tubes and beakers were broken.
Suddenly the class went silent and all the students went back to their work as if nothing had happened.
Then a teacher came into the class and asked who threw the ball. My friends told me to keep silent. The teacher informed the sectional head who came to the classroom. He was a good teacher so we decided to tell him what happened.
He didn't punish us but told us to replace the broken lab equipment. I tried to buy the things but I couldn't find them, so I gave money to the lab assistant.
The problem was solved easily and fairly.
DHANUSHKA

No comments: